You don’t need to buy extra stuff to improve your looks and sound on a video call – just follow these simple tips.
- Turn on the lights in the room – cameras work better when it’s bright
- Never sit with your window behind you – otherwise you’ll end up as a dark silhouette
- Position your webcam at eye level – if needed, put some books under your laptop
- Don’t come too close to your webcam, leave some space above your head and under your chin – this space might be used to display messages and graphics
- Put on your headphones, even plain ones with no microphone – you’ll hear better and you’ll avoid echo.
Which tip was the most useful for you?