Our video calling solution requires no extra software installation (Zoom, Skype etc.). Everything is happening inside your internet browser.
What is needed?
- a link for the video chatroom, provided by us
- a computer/laptop with webcam
- Chrome, Firefox (on Windows) or Safari (on MacOS)
- headphones/headset (highly recommended), preferably with microphone
- You will receive a link for „video chatroom” – click it or paste the link in your Chrome/Firefox (on Windows) or Safari (on MacOS) browser.
- If prompted to allow access to your webcam/microphone – allow access; if you accidentally denied the access, simply reload the page.
- Say something to test your microphone – if the green line is moving, your microphone is picking up your voice; if the green line is not moving, select another microphone from the list.
- Warning: don’t click on „Remote Camera Mode” – this mode should be off. Enter your name and click „Join Room” – you’re in the „video chatroom” now!
Remember: in case of any failure, please refresh/reload the page (e.g. by using F5), this will remove you from the video chatroom and you’ll be able to join again.
Want to look and sound great? Click HERE for 5 simple tips!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use my smartphone/iPhone?
A: If you have no access to a computer, it is possible to use a smartphone (Huawei phones are strictly not supported). Please let us know if you can’t use a computer.
Q: Can use video chat without headphones/headset?
A: Communicating without headphones/headset can lead to a nasty echo. Please let us know if you can’t use headphones/headset.
Q: During video chat, picture and/or sound has suddenly disappeared.
A: Please reload/refresh the page. This will remove you from the video chatroom and you’ll be able to join again.
Q: Can I use wireless, Bluetooth headset, AirPods?
A: Wireless headset can be a pain to configure properly. We recommend regular, wired headphones/headset.
Q: Can I sing to my microphone?
A: No. The software is optimized for speech. Singing and music will sound really bad.
Q: What are the icons at the bottom of the screen?
A: The icons will switch your cameras, turn off camera and microphone and share your screen. Do not click on the icons unless instructed otherwise.