Our video calling solution requires no extra software installation (Zoom, Skype etc.). Everything is happening inside your internet browser.
What is needed?
- a link for the video chatroom, provided by us
- a computer/laptop with webcam
- Chrome, Firefox (on Windows) or Safari (on MacOS)
- headphones/headset (highly recommended), preferably with microphone
- You will receive a link for the „video chatroom” – click it or paste the link in your browser:
- Windows computers – only Chrome or Firefox browsers will work
- Mac – only Safari browser will work
- If prompted to allow access to your webcam/microphone – allow access; if you accidentally denied the access, simply reload the page.
- Say something to test your microphone – if the green line is moving, your microphone is picking up your voice; if the green line is not moving, select another microphone from the list.
- Enter your name and click „Join Room” – you’re in the „video chatroom” now as a participant. WARNING – please don’t turn „Remote Camera Mode” on, it should be toggled off.
- If you want to leave the video chat, click „Leave Room”.
- Want to look and sound great? Click HERE for 5 simple tips!
Remember: in case of any failure, please refresh/reload the page (e.g. by using F5), this will remove you from the video chatroom and you’ll be able to join again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use my smartphone/iPhone?
A: If you have no access to a computer, it is possible to use a smartphone (Huawei phones are strictly not supported). Please let us know if you can’t use a computer.
Q: Can use video chat without headphones/headset?
A: Communicating without headphones/headset can lead to a nasty echo. Please let us know if you can’t use headphones/headset.
Q: During video chat, picture and/or sound has suddenly disappeared.
A: Please reload/refresh the page. This will remove you from the video chatroom and you’ll be able to join again.
Q: Can I use wireless, Bluetooth headset, AirPods?
A: Wireless headset can be a pain to configure properly. We recommend regular, wired headphones/headset.
Q: Can I sing to my microphone?
A: No. The software is optimized for speech. Singing and music will sound really bad.
Q: What are the icons at the bottom of the screen?
A: The icons will switch your cameras, turn off camera and microphone and share your screen. Do not click on the icons unless instructed otherwise.